Wedding Day Ready!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Since we were voted "Best in Skincare" by the Mississippi Magazine Wedding Edition, we want to help get you ready for your wedding day! Your big day is one of the most special moments of your life and you want to look and feel your best. One of the key components to achieving a radiant, glowing complexion is having a consistent skincare regimen that is tailored to your specific skin type and concerns. Here's a step-by-step guide to getting your skin ready for your wedding, including a timeline for when to schedule certain treatments.
1. Start early: The earlier you start taking care of your skin, the better it will look on your wedding day. Aim to begin your skincare routine at least 6-12 months before your wedding.
2. Visit one of our dermatologists: Before starting any new skincare routine, it's important to consult a dermatologist to determine your specific skin type and any underlying concerns. They can also recommend products and treatments that will work best for you. If you have acne or hyperpigmentation, medications generally take three to six months to see the maximal results.
3. Establish a daily skincare routine: This should include cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and protecting your skin from the sun. Make sure to use products that are appropriate for your skin type and any issues you may have.
4. Incorporate regular facials or light chemical peels: Facials are a great way to deep cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate the skin. It's recommended to schedule facials every 4-6 weeks leading up to your wedding.
5. Try Hydrafacials: Hydrafacials are a great option for brides-to-be as it removes dead skin cells and impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums.
6. Consider Botox and fillers: Botox and fillers can help to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines, giving you a more youthful and radiant appearance. It's recommended to schedule Botox/Dysport treatment at least 4 weeks before your wedding and filler treatments 2-3 months before your wedding. Remember, it takes Botox/Dysport about 2 weeks to work and you may have some bruising from filler, so be sure to schedule it around any parties, pictures, or showers.
7. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is essential for keeping your skin hydrated and healthy.
8. Get enough sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to help your skin repair itself and reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
9. Eat a balanced diet: Eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help to improve the overall health of your skin.
10. Reduce stress: Stress can take a toll on your skin, leading to breakouts, dullness, and wrinkles. Try to reduce stress by practicing yoga, meditation or other relaxation techniques.
By following these steps and scheduling treatments in advance, you'll be well on your way to achieving the radiant, glowing complexion you desire for your big day. Remember to enjoy this special time in your life and don't stress too much over your skin. Be confident and happy!